Sparkling Dessert Wine with Chocolate Ice Cream
Celebrations and special occasions often call for the perfect wine to complement the event. One that people should not miss out on is a glass or two of that luscious sparkling wine.
Sparkling wine is an effervescent drink that we’ve all tasted and enjoyed during special occasions.
Sparkling Dessert wines are a variety of carbonated wine we all like. It is a sweet fruity wine with residual sugar levels made from a variety of Muscat grapes.
Just like any other wine, a glass or two of Sparkling Dessert wine could be paired with something which could elevate a wine lover’s experience. For this one, a luscious, creamy scoop of dark chocolate ice cream will do!
A sparkling dessert wine and dark chocolate ice cream offer an alluring contrast. The dark roasted, rich, cool and creamy flavors that only cocoa can impart, works so well with the sweet dryness of a glass of sparkling dessert wine.
Here is a dark chocolate ice cream recipe that is sweet and malty, with. The faintest hints of bitter tones that nicely balance the sweetness of a sparkling dessert wine.
- 4 ounces good-quality dark chocolate
- 2 ounces good-quality milk chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Ice cream maker
- Mixing bowls
- Small saucepan
- Place the milk and dark chocolates in a medium heatproof metal or glass bowl. Put the bowl over a skillet of boiling water and let the chocolate melt gently.
- Heat the dairy, cocoa, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally until smooth.
- Combine the chocolate and dairy mixture, part by part.
- Strain the base, if desired to ensure a properly combined mixture.
- Chill this ice cream base completely on an ice water bath, stirring occasionally, until completely chilled.
- Transfer the ice cream base to your ice cream machine, churning it lightly to a thickened consistency.
- After thickening the ice cream base, transfer the mixture to a container and freeze until hardened.
- Serve with a glass or two of Sparkling Dessert wine.